Duration: 3 days
This course introduces the fundamental principles required to become a rental agent and discusses industry practices and problems.
- Detailed discussion of the important aspects of the Rental Housing Act.
- Population density and its impact upon property values – problems with urbanisation.
- Town planning schemes – what is allowed in terms of the town-planning scheme and the municipal by-laws?
- Factors influencing property value.
- Supply and demand.
- Highest and best use.
- General principles of valuation.
- Potential and its influence on value.
- Economic concept of potential.
- Quantifying the influence of potential on value.
- Case studies.
- Discussion and comparison of the roles of the Tribunal and the Information Offices.
- Use of the Information Offices for the Tribunal.
- Discussion of problems being experienced by various Rental Housing Tribunals around South Africa.
- Selected legal aspects of the lease agreement.
- How to determine whether or not lease agreements comply with the Rental Housing Act and the Regulations
- Understanding the differences between municipal value, insurance value and market value.
- Determining whether the rentals charged in the building visited are exploitative or not.
- Unfair practice Regulations